When and how can I start a new student organization?
You may start a new student organization during the Fall and/or Spring. To become officially recognized by the university, complete the 5-step process below.
Q: What do I need to fully register my organization?
A: You will need the following:
1. 4 Officers (including a President & Treasurer) that meet the Student Activity Eligibility Requirements:
2. 1 full time Faculty/Staff member to serve as your advisor throughout the academic year
3. An updated constitution to serve as your guiding documents on how your RSO will function
4. Complete the following orientations/trainings:
5. Register your officers, advisor and organization information on EagleLink.
The Assistant Director for Student Engagement and/or the RSO Project Assistant will review your submission. You’ll receive notification within one (1) week following your submission that your group has been registered. Following your registration, your organization will be able to access all benefits and privileges afforded to official FGCU student organizations!