Traveling domestically or internationally with your RSO?
Look no further! Below is the link for the necessary travel documents and our Travel Planning Checklist.
If your group plans to travel internationally, please contact the Office of Student Involvement at least six months prior to your anticipated travel date.
Domestic Travel Planning Form
Travel Planning Checklist
Below is a basic guide for planning travel with your organization or print the checklist out. As it is with any type of trip, it is best to prepare in advance, the more time the better.
WHAT IS TRAVEL
All Registered Student Organizations traveling off campus for an event, conference, or any activity where they are representing the student organization and FGCU, a representative from the organization is required to fill out a Travel Form with all of the attendees’ information.
Completed Travel Planning Forms must be submitted to the Office of Student Involvement 3 weeks prior to the departure date. In addition to the Travel Planning Form submitted, Travel Waivers must be submitted for all travelers.
RESEARCH AND INFOMATION YOU NEED TO COMPLETE BEFORE YOU BOOK TRAVEL
- Why and where is your organization traveling?
- How will your ogranization decide who will travel?
- How will you be getting to your destination?
- Personal vehicle
- Rental Vehicle
- Are you staying overnight? If so, where?
- Financing of Travel
- How much will the trip cost?
- Are there fees for the conference/exhibit/ect?
- How much does your organization have in your travel account?
- What can each person expect to pay out of pocket for travel?
6-8 WEEKS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE
- Pre-trip planning meeting
- Decide where you will be going
- Decide who will be going and complete travel planning form and travel waivers.
- Travel Form and Waviers submitted to Office of Sutdent Involvement
- NO PURCHASES OF TRAVEL CAN BE MADE WITHOUT THE TRAVEL PLANNING FORM AND TRAVEL WAIVERS SUBMITTED
- Pay for conferences fees
- Book method of transportation
- Book airline tickets
- Reseerve Rental Car
- Book Hotel or arrange accomodations for those staying overnight
1-2 WEEKS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE DATE
- Pre-trip meeting
- Review itinerary and call participants of other organization members to remind them of any further details of the trip and answer questions.
- Confirm reservations with hotel, campground or other accommodations
DAY OF TRAVEL
- Do a traveler roll call. Make sure you have everyon'e contact number and you have a copy of thier travel waviers, which have their emergency contact information.
- Travel safely!